Quotation

A library is thought in cold storage- Herbet Samuel







Tuesday 12 July 2011

A library blog

I used technorati to search for library related blogs as part of our class. I found this blog http://library.osu.edu/blogs/japanese/

This blog is run by Maureen Donovan who is the Japanese studies librarian and associate professor for Ohio state university libraries. This blog was set up for the university staff and students for research purposes. It has a lot of links to various library japanese collections and sites for research and studies. It has good reliable and accurate information and is very authoritative. It also has a number of literary texts and dictionaries as well as a number of news sites. It is linked to the home page of the Ohio state university website so you can also access the resources there. In all this blog has a lot of interesting information on japanese culture, art, history and news. It has links to a number of very good library databases and collections.

The Ohio state university, university libraries-blogs-japanese collections, Ohio, viewed 8th July 2011,
               http://library.osu.edu/blogs/japanese/

2 comments:

  1. When I have time I will look at this RSS feed, well I hope I will. Your posting is well laid out and very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now looked at this blog (not RSS feed as stated in my previous comment). It is brief and to do with Japanese image use protocol. Is it similar to our copyright.

    ReplyDelete